Sunday, November 18, 2012






On Patrick Carter's blog “US Government In My Eyes.”I read an entry entitled “Unemployment." Here, Patrick states it is not the lack of jobs that has many people claiming they “can’t” find work, but the fact that they don’t want to take the jobs that are available. Like Patrick, I too hear the constant complaints about how “there are just no jobs to be found.” And I, like Patrick am getting a little sickened by them. I have never really had a problem getting a job either. I currently work 2 of them and I was hired onto both during this past year in the midst of the same economy in which NO jobs can be found. Are they my dream jobs? No, but they keep my bills paid. A large portion of our country is becoming a bunch of lazy spoiled by the government brats. Too many Americans have developed the attitude of what Patrick describes as “well if I can’t find a job that’s easy and I like, I’m just going to go on welfare or unemployment!” And I agree. I’d like to add that many have also developed a stuck up “that job is too beneath me” attitude as well and opt for the government to take care of them until something they feel is worthy comes along. The truth is it that this usually never happens and people become government assistance dependent. It is a blessing if you find a job that you can’t wait to get to every day. However, this is rarely the case for the vast majority of us and Americans need to start realizing this.
Don’t misunderstand me, I’m not knocking those who actually need government assistance. There are thousands out there that do and I’m thankful we have programs that can help them while they get back on their feet. I do, however, agree with Patrick that there is a mass amount of abuse of these organizations going on that needs to be regulated and limited. I also feel for our troops, because they are specifically trained while in service for jobs that they expect, but can’t always get when they return home. However, there are also thousands of college students who graduate with the same expectations to find the same circumstances. Instead of depending on the government once they realize they can’t have the job they planned for, they need to get regular employment like everyone else. They can keep trying for the career they are trained for while working a job that is currently available.
I agree with Patrick, that this is a people’s problem. However, I also feel it has turned in to a big government problem as well. They need to knock it off with trying to win votes and favoritism by running our country into the ground with “let me help you” programs and start embracing some “here’s how you can help yourself” programs instead. The site http://evidencebasedprograms.org/wordpress/about/employment-and-welfare/ offers lists of all kinds of programs that are alternatives to welfare, as well as, other government assistance programs. It also lists places people can go for help with getting employment all around the country. There are thousands of jobs out there, people just have to go get them and accept the fact that work is work and the job we can get isn’t always going to be their dream job. I think Patrick has brought up an excellent point about the state of our country made a good argument to back up his opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment